STEM Sisters is proud to be partnering with RMIT’s Skills and Jobs Centre (SAJC) to bring an online workshop specifically for STEM students and professionals on the process of updating your resume and cover letter.
There is a misunderstanding that a job’s key selection criteria must be completely met in order to be hired for the job. This is the case for many women who do not apply for positions unless they meet 100% of the job criteria (HBR, 2014).
This online workshop covers:
- What to look for when reading and evaluating job advertisements
- How to put your best foot forward when marketing yourself to a prospective employer
- How to identify your transferable skills, even when you do not match ALL the job description
- How to tailor and check your resumé for relevancy
- How to write a winning cover letter
All are welcome to this FREE online workshop on Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM AEDT
. We highly encourage Women of Colour from Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields to attend.
A special mention to RMIT’s Skills and Jobs Centre for offering this workshop to our STEM Sisters community.